Thursday, January 24, 2013

Nameology

Every once in a while I'm reminded of the vast amount of Internet user names and nicknames I've used throughout my short life. Crazy big hoards of pettish titles that hide in my closet and snicker at me while I fall asleep. You could probably bombard me with these someday, should you wish to do so. The following are of the lesser-embarrassing type.

First you must eliminate all that have to do with the name Kismint and Plinkadink (which *gasp* are pen names, if you were in doubt).

-KMinty (derrr.)
-Plinkydink
-KaPlink
-KismintKate

Then you could add these that only a certain few of you might recall and really don't have much relevance (such as)...

-Coffeeish
-Bae
-Dukluk (anybody ever find out what Mukluk means?)

From there you would go ahead and throw these in:

-Grey (O' the Dawn, baby!! ;)
-Swordwielder (always.)
-Wielder of sword and lampshade
-The girl with the lampshade on her head
-Unbeknowest (oooh, none of you saw that one coming O_o)

And then you have the other, more varied few which include

-Stewieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee (there is a true art to pronunciation on this one)
-Katertot (You see, names that are cool start with "K". This one is obviously very classy)

Apart from the above stated, there are of course, what we children-of-our-parents have come to distinguish as the "TERROR NAMES". That is, the nicknames too terrible and forged so repulsively in the depths out of deep dark awkward family stories that for them to be uttered aloud and in public seems the most dreadful and unthinkable tragedy of our time. Of course, we all have those moments in which our blessed fathers and mothers have the occasional slip-up and call you by one of these never-to-be-mentioned titles before the presence of others. It is at these moments, friends, in which we must stand firm---facing our undying peril of utter embarrassment with great steadfastness and unwavering courage---and continue on, shouldering our heavily squishing and burdensome load with a plaster smile. And though recovery from such a tidal wave of mortification seems dreadfully far and out of reach, we must live in faith that the terrors of the moment will be mere jokes when looked back on from the future.
Admit it. You have them too.

*sly face*

See? I know these things.
Don't worry, I got your back. Besides, a little embarrassment ain't ever killed no'n. That is my comfort to ye of little hope.

On the related note of names (lookit how smoothly I change the subject!), do you guys realize that the word of the day today is "kibitzer"?? Remind me to use this one at least thrice a day.

'Tis all,
signed,
the Kismint of many names

6 comments:

elizabeth said...

kibitzer? Interesting...

yes...I have a TERROR NAME...but it's actually one that makes me laugh. I chewed on my toes a lot when I was a baby. Apparently my parents thought up nickname that was 'just so cute'... and the name stuck 'til I was old enough to protest it.

*shakes head* yup. Name of terror.

Grey of Dawn...that's one of my favorites. :) That and The Girl With the Lampshade on Her Head.

Love you, girl (and thanks for the sweet comment--that really lit up my day).

Ely

Jack said...

One of the reasons my real name was given to me was because my mum and dad didn't wish me to be given a nickname and they thought it would be a hard feat to use my real name as a nickname, or to nickname it. Of course, this failed as a baby when someone promptly gave me one soon after I was born.

In the end, it kind of worked though as I have very few nicknames, not half as many as you. Most of them are boy's names, given to me by a friend after we watched a movie we liked and couldn't help but give each other names from it. Though only she would use them.
I do have one name that stuck - Jack of course. And Goose or Goosey which was given to me by a brother and the only embarrassing nickname I love.

*Smirk*

Having the girl play racket ball with the guy's heart made me snicker. I think that is kind of how the girl in my romance book does. Kind of.

I would LOVE to have them die a tragic death, but sadly I already killed him once and my friend made me promise to bring him back to life - now he doesn't die - and to kill none of them until they were grandparents. (In other words, she ruined all my fun. 8-P)

E-jai said...

Coffeeish!
And don't forget all of your old blog names: Animal Lover, Horse Crazy, and the extremely old Elizabeth Olra.
E-jai
P.S. I'm surprised that you don't have any mention of the winter retreat that you were so excited about yesterday.

Kismint said...

@ Ely:
Well yes, how can you not favor a nickname relating to a lampshade?
Believe me, I have quite a few variations of some really nasty little nicknames that I didn't mention on here as well.

Tsk tsk.

I am glad that me and my lampshade lit up your day. ^_^

@ Jack:
Oh wow, you have some crazy-thoughtful parents! Teehee, "Goosey", "Goose", "Gooster"...that name belongs to my brother (shhh). =P

Oh how sad. It's no fun when somebody firmly demands that you restrain yourself from executing a fictional character. :(

@ E-Jai:
I knew I was forgetting some of the more obvious ones!
Winter retreat...yes, well there's not much for me to rant and rave about until Sunday night.

Anonymous said...

You're names are all so creative and unique.

When I tried thinking up an internet name the best I could come up with was Kenzi. My goodness, so creative and genius, eh? ;)

Gotta say though, Dukluk, has got to be the best of them all! I seriously laughed aloud when you said "Mukluk." Yes, I've heard that word many times, specifically in this use: "Tuktuluktuc and runamukluc." Yeah, so I watch Mountie Tv shows.

Oh yes...those scary-never-to-be-mentioned-names that your family knights you with. Way too embarrassing to share....I understand this.
Or when your sister calls you ferocious in-front of company. Yeah, embarrassment didn't kill nobody, but it sure makes your face burn. haha.

MADZ of AnimalTM said...

I have only one nick-name that I don't like: Miss.Maddy. *groan* Too.......mature.

From Where You Cometh

Locations of Site Visitors