Wednesday, December 19, 2012

In Which I Write Only Boringness

I feel like writing something. Watching words march left to right in their straight, neat, and uptight columns has a soothing effect. Non of my aspired book-plots are a whole, and thus, they are nothing but strands of ideas, hopeless to being woven into an actual story. I could edit and revise "Upper Class", but I'd rather let that tale in particular sit in the dusty dark and ferment in the data banks of this laptop for the time being. A few days ago, I though I was on to something good as far as "plot" goes. But not anymore. 

Nothing. Is. Coming. 

I've been drawing a lot. And playing lots of music. I like winter break. I like doing nothing as much as possible. You've no idea how blessedly wonderful it is to wake up in late morning and sigh, realizing you have no obligations. At all. Just a few hours to finally do all the creating and inspiration-seeking you've ever had urge to do. 

I feel like this past week has been my drain. I'm settling into my easy-going mood, and enjoying every single breath of it that I'm breathing in. 

More and more, it becomes an obvious fact that I continually bounce my "favorites" to and fro between four things. 
I like to write. I like to draw. I like music---a lot. And I like to take pictures. 
It's always one of these things, and continually a struggle to decide if I like one more than the other. 

I don't know why I'm boring you with this. It's all just a few musings from I, as I try to type myself to sleep. 

Goodnight.


7 comments:

E-jai said...

Good luck coming up with a plot. I guess for me, the problem isn't coming up with a plot, it's just sitting down and getting it all out onto paper. Or a Microsoft Word document. Maybe we could work on E-Project some more if you want to write something?

Have fun trying to type yourself to sleep. At least you didn't drink a whole bottle of Mountain Dew in under two minutes.

E-jai

Anonymous said...

Sweet dreams, sweet girl.

Glad you're relaxing and taking in this much deserved break. :)

Anonymous said...

And did I ever mention that right about now, that "three cheers and sodas all around" sounds really nice? Yeah...Me thinks I'd like to celebrate with you too.

Kismint said...

@ E-Jai:
*cracks up*

...

*tries to control herself*

Right. Mt. Dew and Skittles. But may I remind you, you had a choice. =P

On another note, great idea! Maybe we should work on an outline or something. If I recall correctly, we never did think up a conclusion (or a physical antagonist). The E-Project could certainly use some work. Maybe it's time to pull it out of the closet.

@ Lauricia:
Mmm...celebrations. Well 'tis the season after all! ;)

Thank you for the kind wishes of sweet dreams. I had some...interesting ones last night.

I haven't had a dream that scared me quite like that for a long time...but the scary dream isn't the one that's stuck replaying in my head and won't give me peace of mind.

God bless!
K-Minty

Jack said...

Getting time to breath is wonderful. I've been doing that as well. I've been spending mine reading. I've devoured more books in the last couple weeks then I have all year. It has been delightful.

Anonymous said...

@Kismint:

Oh dear...I truly am sorry to hear that. I really know where you're coming from. I've had literally horrible dreams the last 2 nights, so I understand how not cool that is. Just flush those bad dreams, k?

Blessings to you my dear. Dream better tonight, alright?

elizabeth said...

@Lauri and K-minty

Dreams can be creepily weird. The other night I dreamed that I got married to one of my best friends/"adopted" brother...in my families' car...it was quite strange (especially the whole seeing what my imagination thinks we'll look like in five or six years)

But it didn't scare me. The dreams that scare me are the ones where I wake up and it takes me a few minutes to realize where I am, that it was a dream, that I shouldn't be crying. Those are the ones that frighten me...

...On that rather somber note :), love you both, and Merry Christmas!

Ely

From Where You Cometh

Locations of Site Visitors