Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Pilgrim Is Lagging

I really dislike feeling overwhelmed.

I love to direct movies, I love to edit them. I love to be the screenwriter, I love to be the filmography, and I love to be the set coordinator. I just love to be in charge. But the bigger the cast, the bigger the crew, the bigger the props, sets, and locations, the more hectic everything gets. The more I bite, the more I chew. And ultimately, the more I swallow.

I just hope I don't choke.
Today I feel like doing nothing but sit here and watch Veggie Tales. It's an honest statement.

But I won't. I can't. Responsibility is tagging along with me today, and it's not like I can tell her to get lost. In fact, I need her.
Now that's frightening.

So batter down the hatches, bring in the sails, and tie me to the wheel so that I don't fly off deck when the hurricane touches down.

And don't forget to bring the color yellow, okay?

3 comments:

elizabeth said...

I have days like that too. Only today, it's not Veggie Tales, it's Hardy Boys. I think I've read three today(I can't help it if I read so stinkin' fast!) I'm doing more reading than writing lately, it seems.

Ely

Anonymous said...

Whats going on my dear?

-L/K

Kismint said...

@ Ely:

Yeah, you've got me curious about those books now... =)
I haven't done much reading OR writing.
Like, for a very very long time (aside from blogging---does that count?).

Instead it's pictures, videos, and music mixes all the way.

@ Lauricia:
Oh, just a few planning speedbumps that I felt the need to lement over in a blog post. Nothing drastic. =)

No worries, I got it done (well, at least the half that I was stressing out about).

God Bless!

From Where You Cometh

Locations of Site Visitors