Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Thumbs Up

Another doodle project. I still needa buy me a stylus and tablet. Right now I'm still doing digital drawings with just a laptop mousepad thingy. Also need to learn how to set up my printer/scanner.
humph.

I wish I could rap. Or just sing really fast without getting all tongue tied. I'm listening to Twenty One Pilots right now and I'm jealous of all the epic talent.
Grr.
Anyone else find it highly amusing that Ed Sheeran got to write a song for the credits of the new Hobbit movie? Heheh. That was sumthin'.
---the song...not the movie. The movie itself was something else altogether that I don't want to dive into yet. Catching Fire was good too. In fact, it was better. I really can't see how anyone who liked the book could dislike the movie. And that's not something I say very much.
As I'm sure you've already heard e explain, I like to watch the movie before reading the book. It helps me visualize and be able to enjoy both. But in the case of Catching Fire, that didn't exactly happen. I was a little nervous because this book became a fast favorite and I knew what I was expecting and wanted to see in the film adaption of it.
And it was BEEEEAAUUUUUTIFULLLLLLLLLL... *skips of into the sunset singing*

I couldn't help by roll my eyes a teensy weensy bit when the (oldish) ladies sitting next to me sighed at the end and whined: "Woww, waita leave it open for a sequel!"

-_-  

wut.

YOU OBVIOUSLY DIDN'T READ THE BOOK(S).
^^was the first thing that entered my head. Which is weird because I'm not usually "that person" who accuses others of not being hardcore enough. But I became that person! And so I was just sitting there listening to Coldplay sing their new song and watching the credits roll by thinking:


I guess I'm officially and publicly hardcore now.
I've also officially and publicly announced the fact that I am a Dark Night Trilogy hardcore-ist.

aaaaaAAAAAaahhHHHhhhHHHHHHHhhhHHhhhh.

Such great story progression! And this isn't a car! And death by exile! And Alfred! And officer Blake! Adsjfdkslsfd!


So yeah guys. Batman. Two thumbs up.

K-Minty

8 comments:

elizabeth said...

yesh!!! You've finally watched Batman! Yay!!!!!! :D

Yeah...I wish I could rap too. I listen to enough of it that I want to sing along, but can't. Except for that very rare moment when I actually sing in time with the right lyrics and then I pretty much freak out. "Did you see that? Did everyone see that, because it is never going to happen again!"

The Desolation of Smaug...meh. I found it to be mediocre. I didn't hate it, but I didn't love it either. It was just kinda...meh. :)

Jack said...

I like your doodle.

Catching Fire, I did like it. I didn't think I would at all, but it was wonderful and by the end of it I loved the characters. (I was one of those naughty book people with the Hunger series. I didn't like it much. I couldn't relate to the characters.) But I LOVED them in the movie. I know, you can cringe....but not disown me.

Sara said...

I haven't been seeing your posts!! and then i linked over from your comment and found you redecorated and everything!! it is beautiful!!
I think the real reason i'm leaving blogger is because the subscribe function is broken, so i feel like no one is writing much.
Anyhow!! Very excited about your blog!!

Kismint said...

Jack~ Yeahhh...it was hard for me to relate to Katniss. And the worst part about the books is that you have to hear her every. single. thought. That's why I like the movies. They're not so first-person, and you're allowed to get to know the other characters through your own eyes instead of miss Katniss drama queen's.
So I won't disown you. :P

Kismint said...

Sara~
Yayy! You re-found me! I still exist!
--and yes, I did a little updating (hear hear). Thanks. ^_^

I'm sorry that blogger is letting you down...they updated and downdated and I think that wreaked a bit of havoc on us mild-mannered unsuspecting bloggees.

Glad to have you reading! ^_^

Nathan said...

Jesus, Art, Dark Knight Trilogy, and TWENTY ONE FREAKING PILOTS? You win everything, period.

Kismint said...

Nathan~
YUUSSSSS. Us Jesus, Art, Dark Knight Trilogy, Twenty One Pilots-loving people do exist...we just tend to hide under rocks and spend lots of time being reclusive bloggers. :P

Nathan said...

Rocks are great hiding places. The World is scary. and loud. and bright. rocks are so much more thorough than windows :)

From Where You Cometh

Locations of Site Visitors