Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Christmastime


It came upon a shooting star
So far away in height of dark
Through moonshine night and shady eve
In blackest sky above the earth

A hope anew: a brilliant light
To cleanse the world of sinful strife
And leave it's mark for us to bear
silver love for all to share

We sang the carols of glistening yule
And danced 'neath gleaming boughs of green
Brought to the hearth with hearts of gold
Where story of joy was fourth foretold

The Savior, great and beautiful he
Born to us in humble state
In manger lay in peaceful sleep
While blessed night of Christ grows late

I saw it all through eyes of past
I saw the smile, the glimmer-eye
The wintry glow of snow to last
Through the heavenly window of the skies 

And when I woke I woke from word
I knew a voice I thought I heard
His gentle whisper, in my ear:
"Awake, for Christmastime is here."


With love,
Kismint Plinkadink

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooh, I like that.

....And it sounds just like how you write too.

Kismint said...

@ Lauricia:
Aww thanks! This was a fun piece to write. =)

Anonymous said...

Wait.

You wrote that?!

I didn't think you wrote that.
I didn't know.

That's just really good.
Its just....REALLY good.

Kismint said...

Yup. It's a Kismint original. ^_^
I'm honored that you like it so much!

From Where You Cometh

Locations of Site Visitors