Saturday, September 8, 2012

I'm It, You're It, We're All It

So.
Tonight is a good night.

BECAUSE HOLY CRAB CAKE, I'VE BEEN TAGGED! 


Haha. Really. I've waited for this, watching at every street corner, just wondering with all my might, and waiting for the day to write this post.

And look at the coincidence: This is my 201th blog post. CELEBRATE THE 200s!

Good timing Ely (and thank you thank you thank you!!).

Here are da rules:
(awesomely orange and black ;)

1. You must post 11 facts about yourself.
2. You must answer the 11 questions the awarder has given you, and create 11 questions for your awardees to answer.
3. Tag 11 fellow bloggers
4. Notify them that you have awarded them!

DA DUN DA DA!!

My 11 Things that I associate with myself:

1) I want a kite. It's true. I love the sky. I love the clouds. I love the wind. I want a kite.
2) I have a thing for blond hair. Not a creeper thing, I just like blond hair and think it to be very beautiful (or handsome, whichever fits).
3) I can't stand sandals. I don't do sandals. A sandal does not cover up the tops of you feet. A sandal does not have cool laces that are conveniently a multipurpose item.
4) If it sticks and doesn't need to, use WD40, if it needs to stick and doesn't, use duct tape.
5) I went on google and searched for pictures of people that looked like the characters in my newest stories that I'm working on. It's weird giving a celebrity a name that I thought up. And I wonder if I'm not the only one who finds it odd that the majority of these faces are from The Hunger Games (2012 film).

[to satisfy your predicted curiosity, here are a meager few]

---

Bryton
Bryton
 My main character (younger)



Same character (older)






This girl becomes part of a plot twist.
Her name is Engine.
She's pretty cool.
Engine
---

6) I love the most odd, simplest names for people. You may have just figured that out. 
7) Spaghetti sauce gives me the hiccups (bet ya can guess what I had for dinner). 
8) I believe in roasting marsh mellows from the inside out. 
9) I'm quite partial to the number nine. There were nine in The Fellowship (Of the Ring silly. I don't run a cult.). 99 and -99 are the last 2 digit numbers in the world. "Nine" is an easy word to say and sounds like a German word. Plus, didn't The Beatles write a song about the number 9?
10) I'm telling you now: Someday I want to hang glide. Or skydive. Or both!!
11) I am often drawn to things that provoke "fear" in me. Okay, it sounds weird, but it's something that I thought you might be interested in knowing. Spiders are creepy, so what do I do? Look at pictures of them to give myself shivers. Same with things like black holes and deep sea creatures. I've found that things aren't so scary once you've added perspective, and at the same time, I enjoy the goosebumps when I'm about to drop faster than gravity on The Tower of Terror

My tagger, Ely Gyrate, the Ninja Girl's questions: 

1. Non-fiction or fiction?
Fiction all the way. In fact, today I just finished reading The Floating Island, first book in The Lost Diaries of Ven Polypheme, and I'm absolutely loving them (I'm particularly liking Char and Ida. Great characters and personalities)!

2. Do you ever have urges to just randomly camp out at the library for a day with a bag full of blue M'n'm's and potato salad and just read?????
Errk...Two 'no's and one yes. I love stories (book, movie, play, whatever). I love books. But I'm not a big library person. Too many mutilated books that smell like chalk. And really, potato salad ain't my thing. Gimme the M'n'Ms and send me to a bookstore (with new, nice smelling books that reek of coffee!). That's where you'll find me and my tent.

3. What's one song you grew up listening to?
Every song that went on the soundtrack of this game.


4. Favorite quote?
Ah! There are many! Wayyyyy too many! I'll go with

"We do not write in order to be understood, we write in order to understand." 
-CS Lewis

5. Favorite book?
There is no book that will ever fill up the place in my heart where The Chronicles of Narnia filled. Ever.

6. Have you ever had a life...changing(or scarring, whichever you prefer) involving a teenaged guy in a morph suit which  makes him look exactly like a mannequin, sitting in an elevator and scaring little children(OMYGOODNESS! Doctor Who! TREVOR!!!! sorry *looks sheepishly at feet* got a little carried away) If you have...wow. Just wow. And I pity you.
Yes.
Disney world.
Statue of Army man from Toy Story.
Posing for picture.
*gulp*
Still haven't gotten over it, and I look at mannequins with distrust (and my friends, this was before watching the first "new" episode of Dr. Who).

Thanks for the pity.

7. Favorite Bible verse?
A favorite would be Isaiah 41:30

Those who trust in the LORD renew their strength, they will soar on wings like eagles, they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not grow faint.

Sometimes though, God is just amazing and he'll lead me to a special verse---maybe even one that I've never even understood before, and suddenly open my eyes to it and let me see something at a renewed angle.
Those are my favorites.

8. If you had to spend a whole day with just any one fictional person, who would it be?
Wow. ONE?? JUST ONE??! I could give you dozens...but off the top of my head (and since I'm currently reading a book about him), I'd like to spend a day with Ven Polypheme. I'd love to be around someone with that kind of view of the world.

Actually, on second though, Mclean (from the same series) would be a cool person to hang out with too.

9. What is your favorite thing to do when you have time to waste?
Mmm. This.

10. Have you ever named one of your belongings(for example, your computer? I am thinking about naming my trusty old Dell Leo. Still not sure 'bout it.)
*Ahem*
My Dell desktop - Dell
My Fujifilm camera - Jif
My (new!) Acer Aspire laptop - Spiro
My Yamaha YTP 320 keyboard - Fabio/Favio (Whichever rolls off my tongue at the given moment.)

...And these are just my electronics. Don't get me started.

11. Redwall or the Rats of NIMH?(sorry, Mekana's listening to Taggerung right now and I can't help but listening...and missing Brian.)
Eh? Wha that?

My Inquires:

1) Think back to the first time you heard Justin Bieber on the radio. Where you convinced that it was a girl singing?

2) Waffles or pancakes; why?

3) Irrational phobias?

4) What is the mystery of life?

5) Card game or board game?

6) Would you rather bike or take the bus?

5) Favorite movie villain?

6) Were you ever a Star Trek fan?

7) Would you rather climb down or jump?

8) You're going to live the rest of your life on a deserted island. Your allowed to bring three things. What are they?

9) Sunshine or cloudy?

10) Have you ever had the urge to ride a camel?

11) What do you think of Jell-O?

Alrighty. Lets see who I'm tagging...
...Mmmmm...Do I even know 11 bloggers??

This goes to

The Director @ www.castlesquillsandcameras.blogspot.com
E-Jai @ www.divingintochaos.blogspot.com
Regollin @ www.monsterchinchilla.blogspot.com
Aloisa Quintal @ www.thecastleintheskies.blogspot.com

And those are my four for today. ^_^
I understand that you guys are quite busy and may not have the time to fill out this whole tag, but it's just for fun, so feel fee to do whatever you like with it!

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

God bless,
and happy tagging!

No comments:

From Where You Cometh

Locations of Site Visitors